Giving days like Day of the Badger, Fill the Hill, GivingTuesday motivate donors with engaging and purpose-driven goals. WFAA uses strategic fundraising channels—like crowdfunding, days of giving, phone, direct mail, email, and others—to raise the gifts that support the university every year.
Annual Giving acquires, retains, renews, and upgrades gifts from alumni and friend donors through multi-channel campaigns throughout a year. Annual giving efforts strive to build a culture of giving that encourages donors to increase their level of giving throughout their relationship with the university.
Expectations For Working Together
WFAA wants to ensure that all donors to UW–Madison have a meaningful experience. So, WFAA and the UW–Madison community must work together effectively to ensure Annual Giving is a success. To guarantee this, the partnership expectations include:
- Collaborating with the WFAA early to make a comprehensive, big picture annual giving plan
- Leveraging multiple channels to build awareness ahead of fundraising appeals
- Inspiring key leaders, like the dean or department chair, to appeal to supporters about the importance of giving annually
- Being prepared to thank donors and share how their gifts are making a difference
Partnering with WFAA will provide you with the data, resources, and a skilled team to enhance the health of your annual donor base. These benefits include:
- An Annual Giving team providing you with ROI (Return on Investment) solutions and tools to help you reach your annual, big picture goal
- Resources and relationships that help reduce the costs of tactics like mass mailings
- And more