Our donors are partners in maintaining an extraordinary university. UW Foundation donor levels honor those whose significant or continued financial support strengthens the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The UW Foundation is proud to acknowledge them with membership in our annual giving, lifetime and planned giving donor societies.
The UW Foundation manages four donor recognition societies:
Membership in the 1848 Society is determined by gifts and pledges made each year to school and college discretionary funds and the Chancellor’s annual fund.
Through the Bascom Hill Society, the University of Wisconsin Foundation honors major donors ($50,000+) to the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
The Wisconsin Legacy Society is a recognition society that honors and celebrates alumni and friends who have made a commitment to support the University of Wisconsin-Madison through a planned, or deferred, gift.
- Wisconsin Legacy Society Recognition Certificate – WFAA
- Wisconsin Legacy Society Acknowledgment Letter – WFAA
- Wisconsin Legacy Society Bookmark
The University of Wisconsin-Madison’s most generous lifetime donors are recognized by the Van Hise Society. The following criteria qualifies donors for the Van Hise Society:
- $1M outright gifts; includes cash, pledges and/or gifts in kind
- $3M combination of outright and/or irrevocable deferred gifts
- $5M combination of outright and/or irrevocable and/or revocable deferred gifts
Unit Recognition Societies
- School of Medicine and Public Health Middleton Society
- School of Human Ecology 100 Women
- School of Law Benchers Society
- School of Business Naming Partnership
For more information about Recognition Societies, please contact Susan Teskey.