A principal gift is a minimum $5 million gift that provides a transformational impact for the university. These gifts should be recognized by leadership in the school, college, or campus area(s) per best practices determined by the gift purpose (for example, chair and professorship stewardship guidelines).
Baseline stewardship guidelines for principal gifts include:
- Coordinating stewardship activities in collaboration with your Dean/Director’s office and your WFAA colleagues. Make sure to coordinate any conversations or communications to donors with all involved stakeholders.
- Establishing an internal stewardship team that will meet regularly to review and execute stewardship plans
- Scholarship Match Infographic
- Corporate Impact Event Collateral
- Newsletter Sample – Chemical and Biological Engineering 2016
- Nicholas Video Recognition – 2017
- Major Gift Press Release Guide
- Corporate Gift Press Release – American Family
- Gift Communication Plan – College of Engineering