We said “little-ish,” but our library of alumni stories is actually quite extensive. And we love sharing all of them with you! Back in 1899, the Wisconsin Alumni Association published its first magazine (the Wisconsin Alumni Magazine, now On Wisconsin), and we’ve been telling stories ever since — now through a variety of digital and print outlets. If your unit is looking for stories to share (and aren’t we always?), here is our card catalog of alumni- and campus-focused stories:
- Quarterly print magazine sent to all UW alumni
- Stories include alumni, faculty, and research profiles
- Download this Excel document — OW-Stories-for-AIA — to see the programs, faculty, and alumni featured in the past several issues of On Wisconsin. Sort by school/college or topic to find shareable stories for your unit
- Issues published prior to 1999 are available in the UW’s digital archives
- Triannual print magazine sent to Wisconsin Alumni Association members
- Alumni and faculty profiles, as well as reflections collected from alumni
- Weekly digital newsletter sent to all UW alumni, as well as campus partners and friends
- Answers reader questions about campus traditions, myths, facts, and quirks
- Includes campus- and community-focused news links
- Online forum for alumni to share their career and life updates
- Searchable by category, degree year, and school/college/major
- In-state–focused stories about alumni and faculty partnerships between the UW and the state
- One or more stories for each county
- Stories focused on the Comprehensive Campaign’s pillars: student support, educational experience, faculty excellence, and research and innovation
- Annual print publication featuring the stories of Forward under 40 Award winners
- Features alumni under age 40 who are living the Wisconsin Idea and having a positive effect in communities around the globe
- Digital companion to the physical park
- Hundreds of stories about alumni, campus, and traditions
- Monthly digital newsletter sent to all self-identified alumni of color, as well as all alumni younger than 40
- Stories about students, faculty, and alumni of color, as well as campus programs and initiatives that support diversity on campus
- Contains stories illustrating the impact of gifts and recognize the critical role that alumni and donors play in the university’s success
- Includes organizational reports about WFAA initiatives, finances, etc.
- Brief summaries of Lunch and Learn presentations
- Presentation materials for and handouts distributed at each Lunch and Learn
- Interviews with and profiles of notable UW alumni
Through the combined storytelling efforts of WFAA and campus partners, we can continue to share the inspiring stories of UW alumni and the university. We are happy to offer to you any of the stories above for repurposing or reprinting in your own unit’s storytelling outlets.
Have you come across a story that would make a good article in one of WFAA’s publications (On Wisconsin, Badger Insider, Flamingle, the annual report, etc.)? Share the details with the Communications Division. You can also post news about alumni on the Alumni Notes page if you’d like to share the story with Badgers immediately.
Are you interested in knowing more about upcoming stories and features? Check out the Editorial Calendar for our publications and other communications channels.