We said “little-ish,” but our library of alumni stories is actually quite extensive. And we love sharing all of them with you! Back in 1899, the Wisconsin Alumni Association published its first magazine (the Wisconsin Alumni Magazine, now On Wisconsin), and we’ve been telling stories ever since — now through a variety of digital and print outlets. If your unit is looking for stories to share (and aren’t we always?), here is our card catalog of alumni- and campus-focused stories:
- On Wisconsin: for alumni, faculty, and research profiles (for issues prior to 1999, visit the UW’s digital archives)
- Badger Insider: for alumni and faculty profiles, as well as reflections collected from alumni
- The Flamingle: answering questions about campus traditions, myths, facts, and quirks
- Alumni Notes: for career and life updates submitted by alumni; searchable by category, degree year, and school/college/major
- Project 72: for stories about alumni and faculty partnerships between the UW and the state of Wisconsin
- All Ways Forward website: for stories of student support, educational experience, faculty excellence, and research and innovation
- Forward under 40: Stories about alumni under age 40 who are living the Wisconsin Idea and having a positive effect in communities around the globe.
- Alumni Park website: for stories of alumni across the history of the UW who embodied the Wisconsin Idea
We love sharing our stories with you, and we encourage you to share them in your own alumni communications. These stories are gaining traction in media circles, as well: in the past few months, print and digital outlets around the state have profiled Project 72 alumni such as Zona Gale 1895, ML1899 (L&S), Harvey Higley 1915 (engineering), Deb Ivey ’73, MS’92 (SOHE, education), and Wallace Jerome FISC’28, ’41 (CALS). And, if we may briefly toot our own horn, we are also excited that Ross Dahlke x’18, a Project 72 subject from Marquette County featured in 2016, is a 2017 Rhodes Scholarship finalist! All of these stories — and more — are available for your use here.