We said “little-ish,” but our library of alumni stories is actually quite extensive. And we love sharing all of them with you! Back in 1899, the Wisconsin Alumni Association published its first magazine (the Wisconsin Alumni Magazine, now On Wisconsin), and we’ve been telling stories ever since — now through a variety of digital and print outlets. If your unit is looking for stories to share (and aren’t we always?), here is our card catalog of alumni- and campus-focused stories:
- On Wisconsin: for alumni, faculty, and research profiles (for issues prior to 1999, visit the UW’s digital archives). Download this Excel document — OW-Stories-for-AIA — to see the programs, faculty, and alumni featured in the past several issues of On Wisconsin. Sort by school/college or topic to find shareable stories for your unit.
- Badger Insider: for alumni and faculty profiles, as well as reflections collected from alumni
- The Flamingle: answering questions about campus traditions, myths, facts, and quirks, as well as community news
- Alumni Notes: for career and life updates submitted by alumni; searchable by category, degree year, and school/college/major
- Project 72: for stories about alumni and faculty partnerships between the UW and the state of Wisconsin
- All Ways Forward website: for stories of student support, educational experience, faculty excellence, and research and innovation
- Forward under 40: Stories about alumni under age 40 who are living the Wisconsin Idea and having a positive effect in communities around the globe.
- Alumni Park website: for stories of alumni across the history of the UW who embodied the Wisconsin Idea
Through the combined storytelling efforts of WFAA and campus partners, we can continue to share the inspiring stories of UW alumni and the university. We are happy to offer to you any of the stories above for repurposing or reprinting in your own unit’s storytelling outlets. If you have questions, please contact Kevin Check ’96, MPA’03.